Judge Jim Gray (Ret.)
Honorary Member of Our America Initiative
Judge Jim Gray (Ret.) is a nationally known and respected author and speaker who has long advocated reform of the nation's drug laws. A highly regarded jurist, Judge Gray served on California's Orange County Superior Court from 1989 to 2010. He was also Gov. Gary Johnson 2012 Libertarian Party vice presidential nominee. Read more
- THEODORE ROOSEVELT: THE GREAT PATRIOT
- Judge Jim Gray (Ret.) Recent trip to Houston Texas
- Judge Jim Gray on Independent Political Report
- James Gray: An egregious breach of contract by our government
- LEAP's Judge Jim Gray vs SAM's Kevin Sabet
- Repeal laws that violate our constitutional, human rights
- DJ51 YOU CAN'T FAKE REALITY FOREVER
Charles V. Peña
Our America Initiative Advisory Council Member of Defense and Foreign Policy
Charles V. Pena is a Senior Fellow at the Independent Institute and was previously the director of defense policy studies at the Cato Institute.. He has over 25 years experience as a defense policy and program expert and senior manager—including work for the Department of Defense and Department of Homeland Security. He is the author of the book Winning the Un-War: A New Strategy for the War on Terrorism and is a former analyst for MSNBC television. Pena has appeared on all the major cable news shows, national and international television and radio, and been cited widely by print/web media including the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Defense News, Defense Week, Space News, and Aviation Week & Space Technology. Peña received his M.A. in Security Policy Studies from the George Washington University and has a B.A. in Political Science from Claremont Men's College.
- The U.S. has now embroiled itself in an Israel vs. Hamas-like conflict
- We still haven’t learned why we are a target of terrorism, so we continue to make the same mistakes
- Liberals and conservatives are more alike than different when it comes to foreign policy
- Nuclear negotiations with Iran are kabuki theater
- Why We Can't Defeat ISIS
- BloOil is not a National Security Issue
- Another Forever War
- Is "better safe than sorry" really better?
- Are we creating more terrorist recruits than killing terrorists?
- Drones for Me, But Not for Thee
- ISIS is Not an Existential Threat
- No Sphere of Influence For You!
Earl L. Grinols
Our America Initiative Advisory Council Member of Health Care
Dr. Grinols holds a PhD from MIT and two summa cum laude undergraduate degrees from the University of Minnesota. He joined the Baylor faculty in 2004. He has previously taught at Cornell University, the University of Chicago, and the University of Illinois. He also worked as a research economist for the Department of the Treasury and as senior economist for the Council of Economic Advisors. His recent research in public finance and public policy includes the economics of national health care, theory of entitlement reform, non-governmental approaches to the poor, and the effect of casino gambling in the United States. Dr. Grinols has authored several books including Healthcare for Us All: Getting More for Our Investment (2009) and Gambling in America: Costs and Benefits (2004), both published by Cambridge University Press. He has testified before Congress and numerous statehouses from Maine to Hawaii. His work has been cited by leading news outlets such as the Economist, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, U.S. News and World Report, and others.
- Systemic Change 1: Eliminate the Income Tax, Install a Consumption Tax
- Ebola, Justice, and Health Care
- Systemic Change #5: Health Care Prices and Most Favored Customer Pricing
- Systemic Change #2: RESTORE NOT-FOR-PROFIT FREEDOM OF POLITICAL SPEECH
- JUSTICE AND INJUSTICE, IMMIGRANTS AND ALIENS: Part 1
- JUSTICE AND INJUSTICE, IMMIGRANTS AND ALIENS: Part 2
- JUSTICE AND INJUSTICE, IMMIGRANTS AND ALIENS: Part 3 of 3
- Reforming Obamacare: Start with The Young
- DO WE UNDERTAX THE POOR? HOW WOULD WE KNOW?
Our America Initiative Advisory Council Member of Energy & Environment
The author of Energy Freedom, Marita Noon serves as the executive director for Energy Makes America Great Inc. and the companion educational organization, the Citizens’ Alliance for Responsible Energy (CARE). Together they work to educate the public and influence policy makers regarding energy, its role in freedom, and the American way of life. Combining energy, news, politics, and, the environment through public events, speaking engagements, and media, the organizations’ combined efforts serve as America’s voice for energy.
- OBAMA ADMINISTRATION BURNISHES ENVIRONMENTAL LEGACY AT EXPENSE OF JOBS
- WIND ENERGY DEAD IN THE WATER OFF CAPE COD
- Marita Noon: U.S. light dimmed with Obama energy policy
- NOTE TO GOP: RAISING TAXES A BAD IDEA
- AMERICA FALLING BEHIND THE NEW COLD WAR OVER ARCTIC OIL
- OPEC’S $200 A BARREL PREDICTION IGNORES MARKET REALITY—OR MAYBE NOT
Michael Strong Our America Initiave Advisory Council Member of Education Choices
Michael Strong is the CEO and Chief Visionary Officer of FLOW and Radical Social Entrepreneurs. Prior to co-founding FLOW, he spent fifteen years as an educational entrepreneur, including creating a charter high school in rural New Mexico that was ranked the 36th best public high school in the U.S. on Newsweek’s Challenge Index. He is the author of The Habit of Thought: From Socratic Seminars to Socratic Practice and is the lead author of Be the Solution: How Entrepreneurs and Conscious Capitalists Can Solve All the World’s Problems. He serves on the advisory boards of Peace through Commerce, The Lifeboat Foundation, Tri-Linc Global, and the Moorfield Storey Institute. He was educated at Harvard, St. John’s College, and the University of Chicago. He blogs on education at The Purpose of Education is Happiness and Well-Being for All and provides consulting services for personalizing education and creating customized schools through startuplearning.me.